Monday, March 29, 2010

The Worst Hour of My Day

4 to 5 pm is the WORST HOUR OF MY DAY!! In that hour, Gavin needs to be fed, I pump, fix dinner, feed the dogs, unpack things from the day, prepare for the evening, talk to Brian on his way home, and wrestle a cranky, hungry, trying 17 month old who is into everything! Not to mention, I am exhausted and wanting Brian to get home!!
Before Gavin was born, this hour was rough, it got worse when he was born, and today I about had a melt down! Going back to work only complicates things.
I don't get enough time with my kids as it is and I don't want to spend my time with them frustrated and upset. Will I get through this, of course! I just want to be the best mom I can be and I think I am too hard on myself. I just need to take a deep breath, eat a piece of chocolate, and thank God that I have a beautiful family to drive me crazy!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Wow, talk about an hour of multi-tasking! I hope it gets easier for you!! I'm sure it will as you get back into the swing of things with going back to work. Also, just remember you only have 8 more weeks..and then summertime:)

Sills Family said...

I thought about you on Monday! I prayed that your first day back was not too stressful.