Monday, August 1, 2011

18 Month Check Up

I took Gavin to see Dr. Voyles today for his 18 month check up. He is 18 months old today and I can't believe it! He weighs 26 pounds 6 1/2 ounces (58th percentile) and is 31 1/2 inches tall (30th percentile). Dr. V was happy to see all of his progress and said that he is doing really well. He told us to start Gavin on a vitamin because he hasn't been too fond of veggies lately. He said to continue to offer them, but not to make it a struggle. Gavin's dry skin has been flaring up, so he suggested we by some cream for it. Even though Gavin was a bit skeptical when Dr. V was checking him out, by the end they were buddies! At the end of the visit, Gavin got two shots and a finger prick for anemia. He actually did very well, but kept holding out his bandaged finger and saying "ouch". It was kind of pathetic and cute all at the same time! Overall, it was a good visit. Gavin doesn't have to go back until he's 2 and no more shots until 4!! The crazy thing is, when I take him for his 2 year appointment, I will also be taking the baby in for their 2 month appointment. Lord help me!

1 comment:

CJM said...

Yay for healthy check ups :) Clayton still just weighs 24 lbs at 2 1/2. I'm wondering if I should have Clayton checked for Anemia???!!! He doesn't eat ANY I mean ANY vegetables and hardly any protein! We do have him on vitamins and Pediasure though. Guess I will ask the Dr. at H's 9 month!