Sunday, January 20, 2013

A Scary Night

Saturday, January 12th was a scary night. Brian had to bartend and the weather started getting scary. There were tornado warnings, sirens, and storms. Thankfully, Allie was here. We had a good night of making tortilla pizzas and hanging out. The kids were a little freaked out by the storms and inside, I was, too. I wished Brian was home so I didn't have to make all of the decisions by myself. At one point, I decided to go in the bathroom for a bit. I'd already gotten it ready (blankets, flashlights, etc), so the kids piled in the bathroom. I look over and Gavin had a piece of pizza in each hand! Of course, Macie wanted some, too. I had to snap a picture of my crazy kids, in the tub, eating pizza. They know how to make me smile in any situation.

So, everything with the storm settled down and all of the kids were sound asleep. Allie was getting ready to leave a little after 9 and my power went out. We heard a loud boom and new a transformer blew. I started freaking out. My house temp was 72 and Gavin can't comfortably sleep above 65. We've even turned on the ac in December in the past. I wasn't sure what to do, but finally decided to load the kids up and take them to my parents' house to sleep. It may seem crazy to do that, but I was super scared Gavin would have another trip to the ER. Thankfully, he didn't and in the morning our power came back on and we were able to come home. We just can't take any chances with this kid!

pizza

No comments: