Saturday, January 5, 2013

Lilah's Winter Onederland

On Saturday, December 29th, we had Lilah's first birthday party.  I picked a "Winter Onederland" theme and that is what I got!  We ended up getting another round of snow outside.  The snow was beautiful, but I was a little stressed it may mess with her party.  Thankfully, it didn't stop the fun and she ended up having a party with about 40 guests.  I have so much fun party planning and tried to make her first birthday party special.  I made her invitations, just like the other two, but I didn't have any scrapbooks to show for her.  Instead, I had Brian put a bunch of pictures on the digital photo frame to display.  I did make a birthday banner to use at every party and put out papers so people could write notes to Lilah.  We also had our traditional mix to make and take home.  For favors, each child got to pick out a snow globe.  Thankfully, my mom and Allie came to help me get everything set up.  
First, we ate soup, garlic cheddar biscuits, pb sandwiches, and all the toppings.  I also made hot chocolate in the crock pot and it was a hit!  After lunch, it was time for presents.  Lilah was spoiled rotten.  She wasn't really impressed with opening gifts, but liked what was inside of them!  After presents, it was time for cake.  Lilah is a true Mitchell...she destroyed her cake!  It was our last first birthday party and I was a little emotional about it.  We survived the first year as a complete family!  Happy Birthday Lilah Jean!!
 I made these cute snowmen so people would know what kind of soup we had.
 I decorated the tables with puppy chow, snow globes, and put out coconut as snow.
 Winter "One"der Mix







 Aunt Katie made this adorable outfit for her party, so she had a wardrobe change once she got there!  We plan to use it for her 1 year pictures!




























Thank you to Aunt Allie for taking pictures again for me!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday Lilah!!! Abbie, her outfit is adorable!!! She looked so pretty!! All the decorations looked great too! Wish we could have been there!! Emma and Lilah will meet someday!!:)