Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Good Bye Miss Melissa! Good Bye First Steps!

Monday, January 21st was Gavin’s last therapy with First Steps.  I was off school that day, so we met Miss Melissa at the mall.  The mall was PACKED, but it all worked out.  My mom also met us which helped.  We made Miss Melissa blueberry muffins, cards, and got her a notepad.  She also surprised the kids with gifts.  Miss Melissa has been a huge part of our lives over the last few years.  I honestly can’t believe we are saying good bye to her…for the second time!  She told me I could call or text her at anytime if we need anything.  Thank you Miss Melissa for everything!

Leaving First Steps is so bittersweet.  It has been amazing for our family.  Gavin has come so far!  When he was first tested at 9 months, he was behind in all levels, except cognitive.  He is now doing great and is on the bubble as far as needing physical therapy.  I am a nervous wreck about his future and just pray we will make the right decisions!

Melissa

DSCN0800DSCN0801DSCN0802DSCN0803

The kids got Candy Land, two balls, and some sidewalk chalk!

No comments: