Thursday, December 31, 2009

Two Years

Two years ago, I married my best friend. I honestly don't know where the time has gone. We have had a crazy first couple of years. People told us that the first few years are the hardest and I have to agree. It probably doesn't help that I have been pregnant for the majority of our marriage! Between sleepless nights, pregnancy hormones, and adjusting to married life, we have had some obstacles to overcome.
However....I am extremely blessed to be married to Brian! He loves me for me, has given me a beautiful daughter and a son on the way, is a great father and very hands on, and works hard for our family. I wouldn't want to go through this journey of life without him!
Last year for Brian's birthday, I gave him a card. He keeps it on his nightstand and I think it sums it all up:
In the center of my ideal universe, there's a wonderful husband (you) and a loving wife (me) happily sharing life.
Then there's the real world, with all its busy schedules and demands.
But at the very center, there's still that same happy couple (us!) loving each other through it all....
which makes me think, it really is an ideal universe after all.
Happy Anniversary Brian! Thanks for picking me to be a part of your "happy couple"! I love you with all of my heart and I look forward to many more years with you!!!

No comments: