Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Bloody Boo Boo

Tonight while we were cooking dinner, Macie fell on the floor in the kitchen. This is not unusual, so we didn't freak out at first. Then, Macie started screaming. I was in the bathroom (surprise surprise) and Brian had food on his hands, but he ran to her anyway. When he picked her up, he realized there was blood gushing out of her mouth. I ran in and tried to help calm her down. There was blood all over her burp cloth and shirt. She kept crying for her "pap", so we gave it to her so she would stop screaming. I cuddled her for a bit and then took her to change her clothes. As I was changing her, I was able to get a better look at her mouth. I looks like her top lip was cut in between her front teeth. I think the "pap" in her mouth made the fall worse. We could never get a great look at it because she kept fighting us, but it did stop bleeding. I threw the burp cloth away and was able to salvage her shirt. She chewed on an ice pack for a while and we gave her some Tylenol. Hopefully, she won't have a swollen lip tomorrow!
She happily chewed in the ice pack until bedtime and was sad when we took it away!

No comments: