Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas with my Parents

This afternoon, we finally had a chance to do Christmas with my parents. This was our 6th Christmas! My mom worked until noon and we were all at their house waiting on her when she got off. My dad grilled pork steaks and bbq chicken and we all brought parts of the meal so we could eat when mom got home. Macie ate lunch a bit earlier and took a good nap over there. I was relieved because that always helps for present time! After lunch, we opened gifts. Macie is a real pro at this point. I think she helped everyone else open their presents and she had a great time. She even helped pass out a few gifts. Brian and I were surprised to find out that our big gift from mom, dad, and Allie was a storm door for our front door. I have been wanting one for quite some time now, but when the time came, we always seemed to spend the money on something else. We are so excited. Macie got a Mickey Mouse ball tent, books, play food, and an Elmo airplane. It is the same plane that we gave Hannah for her birthday. When my parents heard how much she loved it, they had to buy it for her!
When we left my parents' house, I dropped Macie and Brian off at home and then I went out to my aunt and uncle's house. It was so nice to hang out, play games, and have adult conversations without chasing Macie around. Another fun and exhausting day. Tomorrow, we are staying home and I don't plan on getting out of my pjs!!!
Aunt Allie and Macie
Brian and I both opened gifts at first that said our gift was with the other persons...
Brian looks so serious because Allie told him to look confused, but I smiled because I was laughing about something else...
"What can this be?"
Macie wanted her balls out so badly. Aunt Allie got two of them out so she could play with them.
Macie barely had the present open and she was saying "ELMO!!" She was shaking with excitement until we got it out of the package!

She is making airplane noises!
33 1/2 weeks
Look at that belly!!!

No comments: