Sunday, December 6, 2009

Happy St. Nick's Day!!

Growing up, it was a family tradition for St. Nick to come and fill up our stockings on December 6th. Brian and I have continued that tradition and so we had surprises waiting for us when we got up! It was my morning to get up with Macie (Brian and I each take one day on the weekend so the other can sleep in a bit). She woke up at 6, which means it was a good night, and we cuddled up to watch Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. Brian must have heard us and decided to go ahead and get up to do our stockings. The funny thing was, she was glued to the tv and didn't care all that much about her stocking. I am sure in a few years that will all change!
We only have two stockings from before we got married. Brian and I decided to wait until next year to get new stockings for the kids so they can have some that kind of match.
"I wonder what's in there?"
Princess Keys....she already has been carrying them around. We know how much she likes to play with keys!
All of Macie's goodies: new pj's to wear on Christmas Eve, an Elmo dvd, princess keys, and a mickey mouse book
Every year, St. Nick brings Macie a new ornament. This year he brought two: Abby Cadabby and Elmo!
Can you tell Brian is shocked? For St. Nick's day he got a new wallet and a wii remote. Brian and I decided to buy each other a wii and wii fit as a Christmas/Anniversary present. I told him we couldn't afford it until after Christmas and possibly tax time because of the new baby. Our good friends, Jamie and Ben, were able to get us the wii at Target with their discount, so she brought it to me at school this week. Wendy and Jeremy were kind enough to give us an extra remote they don't use. Brian didn't know all of this had happened, so I thought it would be fun to surprise him in his stocking. He has wanted a wii for years, so he was thrilled to say the least!
The look on his face says it all!
We will wait and get the wii fit later. St. Nick brought me a bunch of chocolate. He knows me well!

No comments: