Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Hard Work Pays Off!!

Yesterday, Macie went to Grandma's house and played with Aunt Annie while I worked on her bedroom. Well, it isn't just her bedroom anymore! Macie and Gavin will be sharing. I figured it made sense to only have one changing station and since they will both be in cribs, it will make things easier on us. I worked on their room for 7 hours. Between cleaning out everything, throwing things away, rearranging furniture, reorganizing the closet and sorting through all of Macie's clothes, I had a lot to do. Macie has SOO MANY CLOTHES! I went through everything she has outgrown to see if there were any unisex outfits that Gavin could wear. I did find a whole box full. Then, I sorted all of her clothes by size and packed them away in the shed. Macie even has a tub with clothes she can't wear yet. They vary in size from 18 months all the way to 5T! I just can't turn someone down when they offer us clothes. We have been so blessed and have hardly bought Macie any clothes. Think about all the money we have saved!
There are still a few finishing touches that need to be added to the room like Gavin's name on the wall and we will have to buy a few things before he comes. After Christmas, I am also going to sort through all of the toys and hopefully get a little more organized. Every project that I complete helps to alleviate my stress. I can't stand piles of crap or too much clutter. It stresses me out and drives me crazy. I used to walk in the room and want to scream. Now, I just say ahhhhhh!
It is hard to get a good picture, but this is the view from the door. Macie's bed is on the left and Gavin's is on the right.
My cousin gave me bedding for Gavin that is pretty much the boy version of what Macie already has. It has safari animals and there are yellows and purples in it to go with Macie's.

No comments: