Thursday, December 24, 2009

Grandma Wolf's House

After we left Sturgis, we went to my Grandma Wolf's house. That is my mom's mom and it is always the craziest event! All 80 people squeeze in a duplex with presents galore. She does have both sides of the duplex now and as crazy as it seems, we wouldn't have it any other way. I was worried how Macie would do, but she did great! I was able to let her roam a bit before and after gifts, and my sisters, mom, Brian, and I took turns holding her during the gift chaos. Macie was spoiled once again, but it is good to know that she is well loved!
My Grandma seemed to rake in the best gifts this year. Allie took a picture of all of the grandkids, their spouses, and great grandchildren the weekend after Thanksgiving. She had a gallery wrap made and gave it to my grandma. It was the first thing she opened and she had tears in her eyes. She jokingly said she was going to take it to SWIRCA with her and ask the other people if they wanted to see her grandkids! The last gift she opened was also very special. My uncle's aunt passed away recently and left everything to her niece and nephew. A few of my aunts and uncles decided to give her car to my grandma as a Christmas present because her car isn't in the best shape. Needless to say, my grandma was shocked!

Holding the picture from Allie...look how surprised she is!


Allie and Grandma
Macie chilling in Aunt Annie's lap
Leland opening his gift from us
My cousin Katie gave Allie this bottle of wine
It says: Middle Sister Mischief Maker
That sums her up!!!
Grandma sitting her her new car. She said, "Yes, there really is a Santa Claus!"

No comments: