Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My Great Escape

Since coming home from the hospital, I hadn't left the house until today. Gavin had even gotten out twice to get weight checks, but Brian took him because I couldn't drive so I stayed home with Macie. With the cold and snow, I waited until today to make my great escape. Both kids had a doctor's appointment. Macie had her 15 month check up (we had to reschedule because she was sick for her first appointment and couldn't get her shots) and Gavin had his 2 week check up. My mom went with me and I'm so glad that she did!
Gavin went first. His weight is back up to 8 pounds 1.5 ounces and is 20 1/2 inches long (both 50th percentile). His circumcision is healing well and his umbilical cord is about to fall off. The nurse wanted to keep him because he snuggled right up to her! He is quite a sweety! As far as his hemangiomas, they sent a referral to Riley and the office is supposed to be contacting me soon to set up an appointment.
Macie was next. She weighs 23 pounds 10.5 ounces and is 31 1/4 inches tall (both 7oth percentile). For as wild and crazy as she can be, she is so calm when Dr. Voyles is checking her out. I think she is a little terrified to tell the truth! He was very impressed with how many words she can say. I guess they want 15 month olds is say around 3-5 words. I can't even tell you how many words she can say! She screamed when she got the shots, but other than that she was great! Dr. Voyles gave me a pat on the back and we were on our way!
I take them both back in two months and they will both have to get shots. I already told Brian that he is going to have to go with me to tackle all of the madness!
Afterwards, we went to lunch at Crazy Buffet. Gavin was great and let me eat and Macie ate about as much food as I did! It was so nice to be outside of the house. Macie went back home with my mom and Gavin and I headed home so he could eat and we could nap. We actually got back out this evening so that I could get a much needed brow wax and pick up a few items at Walmart. I have a few other outings planned this week so we will see how it goes!
When I was getting everything ready this morning, Gavin stretched out and took a nap. I swaddle him up at night and I think he enjoyed the space. Brian's family always talks about how Aunt Beth used to fall asleep with her arm above her head. I guess Gavin is following in her footsteps!
Look how long he looks!

No comments: