Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

The Mitchell family had a great Valentine's Day! Brian surprised me this morning with breakfast in bed and a card he made on the computer. We decided that we weren't going to get each other anything this year because of all of the extra expenses we've had with Gavin's birth. I felt bad because I didn't do anything for him. He said that was OK because I always do extra things for him and I have obviously been busy with Gavin. I was very grateful to say the least. As great as my breakfast was though, Macie gave me the best gift of all! She was so excited to see me this morning and wanted to get in bed with me when I was feeding Gavin. She climbed on my lap and snuggled with me. It was the sweetest thing and totally made my day. She has been back to normal with me and I am very happy!
We gave the kids gifts that Brian and I bought before Gavin was born. I knew that I wouldn't have the time or energy to deal with it after. Gavin got a book and a little football that we couldn't resist. Macie got some foam letters and numbers for the bath tub along with an Elmo bath mat. We decided it is officially time to transition her to the big bath tub. Aunt Allie also got Macie a shirt and socks to go with her outfit for today. Grammie and Pops got Macie an Elmo balloon and Gavin a bib. Grandma and Grandpa stopped by with chocolates for Brian and I and cards and money for the kids. Macie also got valentines from the little boys that Grammie watches. I'm not sure how I feel about her already getting gifts and cards from older men!
Today, we attempted a daring feat...a picture of Macie holding Gavin. Macie liked it at first and then she was done. It was scary for poor little Gavin! Besides my parents and sister stopping by, my godparents came to meet Gavin for the first time. My godfather is also Brian's boss. They brought Gavin an adorable outfit, Macie a book, and Brian and I some wings from Buffalo Wild Wings. We had a nice visit with them. For dinner, my dad made a yummy stuffed shells dish for us. We ended the night giving Macie a bath, cuddling with Gavin, and watching the Olympics. Yes, we had a great Valentine's Day!
Something to think about.....2 years ago today we told our parents that we were pregnant with Macie and this is my 300th post! Wow...how time flies!
Macie loves pointing to other people's noses and poor Gavin is no exception!
Macie's new shirt from Aunt Allie
"Now why are we doing this again?"

Best friends, aka, future partners in crime!
She loved the tissue paper just as much as the presents!

Macie's presents: letters, numbers, and a mat for the bath tub
"Go long!"

Gavin's new book
Daddy read Gavin his new book
Macie loved her card from Grandma and Grandpa
Uncle Alan and Gavin
Aunt Julie and Gavin

No comments: