Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Gavin William is finally here!

Monday, February 1, 2010 Gavin William Mitchell entered the world. He was born at 10:43 am via c-section. He weighed 8 pounds 4 ounces and was 20 inches long. And if I do say so myself, he is one cute little guy! He has dark hair, although not a lot of it. I think that he has the same nose and mouth as Macie, but yet he has his own look. Only time will tell how much they will actually look alike.
I had a scheduled c-section for 10:30. Brian and I slept some, but were too anxious to get a good night's sleep. Macie woke up a little after 6 and we took the opportunity to bring her into our bed and cuddle before we had to get going for the day. We showered, finished packing, and waited for my mom to pick up Macie. Then, we were off to the hospital. I was dreading two things most about this day....iv and spinal block. I was brave and both went off without a hitch! They were running a few minutes early and it seemed as if Gavin was out before we knew it! He came out peeing everywhere and screaming. His apgar test was a 9 both times and all was good. They had us in recovery for 1 hour. I loved that time with both Macie and Gavin. It is one uninterrupted hour where I am able to feed him and hold my precious bundle of joy! As much as I wanted to have him earlier due to my discomfort, I am so grateful that he was born on February 1st because it was my Grandma Wolf's (my maternal grandmother) 84th birthday. Gavin is so lucky to share this day with such a wonderful woman and role model!
Brian and I waiting in triage
Now wouldn't these outfits make cute Halloween costumes?


Mommy's first chance to see Gavin
Big Boy!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

He is absolutely beautiful. Congratulations Abby, Brian, and Macy. I can't wait to meet him.
Best of Luck.

Unknown said...

What a cutie! I wish I was feeling better so that I could come see you guys. Let me know if you need ANYthing!

Natalie Pickerill said...

He is so adorable! Congratulations to you all!