Friday, February 19, 2010

First Visit to Grammie and Pops' House

This afternoon Gavin and I went on a little road trip. We headed to Sturgis to visit for a bit and to pick up Macie. So far, Gavin is a great traveler and has slept every time we get in the car. I am still crossing my fingers that he will like the car! When we got there, the kids were asleep and Grammie was the only one home. I fed Gavin and then the chaos began! Pops and Aunt Katie came home, the kids woke up and some friends stopped by to see Gavin. The kids loved baby Gavin and couldn't take their hands off of him! Scarlett wanted to "pet her"! How cute! I know that Gavin will be in good hands when I go back to work!
As we were getting ready to leave, I was gathering up all of the kids' stuff, making sure both of them had clean diapers, putting on coats and getting Gavin into his car seat. During that moment I realized....I have two children! Holy cow! I even had help getting them ready and loading them into the car, but it was the first time I had to think about both of them at the same time. On the drive home, I looked in my rear view mirror and it was a crazy, yet awesome realization that, yes indeed I have two children I am responsible for!
First time of many snuggling with Pops in his recliner
Noah checking out Gavin for the first time
Camden, Noah, and Gavin
Aunt Katie had to get her snuggle time in too!
Both of my babies in the back seat!
Macie was already too focused on her movie to look at me!

No comments: