Thursday, February 4, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Today we got to take our little man home. As much as I enjoyed being taken care of in the hospital and ordering "room service", I couldn't wait to get a shower at home and sleep in my own bed. Of course, the thing that I missed the most was my sweet little girl. Not seeing Macie for 4 days was tough, but I knew she was in good hands.
By 9:00 this morning, Dr. Voyles, Dr. Crutcher, and the discharge nurses had all come in. We just had to pack up our stuff, sign some papers, and off we went. We left the hospital at 10:00 and after a quick stop at CVS to get my pain meds filled, we were home by 10:30. Gavin left the hospital weighing 7 pounds 11 ounces. I am hoping that he can start gaining some weight back now and not go downhill like Macie did when we brought her home.
Home Sweet Home....there's nothing like it!
Dr. Voyles holding our little linebacker...Go Colts!!
Get that camera out of my face!
Aunt Allie was at home with Macie. This was her first time holding Gavin. She will also be his Godmother.
Aunt Annie made it in from Purdue this afternoon. She couldn't wait to get her hands on her nephew!

No comments: