Monday, December 27, 2010

Boyles Christmas

After my parents' house, we went to my aunt and uncle's house to celebrate Christmas with my dad's side of the family. This was the most hectic and stressful of all of the places for me. Gavin was SO tired, but he wouldn't nap. Even though he was still very good, he wanted to be held more and kept rubbing his eyes. Macie had a diva meltdown moment during gifts. I think there were just too many people in her face and she freaked! I grabbed her up, took her in the other room, and had a talk with her. I told her that she wasn't being very nice to Grandma who brought her a present and that if she wanted to stay, she needed to be nice. Once she stopped crying, she told me she was upset because "Mommy Daddy opened my present" (we were trying to help her). She calmed down, told Grandma sorry, and opened all of her presents no problem. It had just been too many long days I think! Brian and I got Hacienda gift cards from Grams B. and I ended up with an Olive Garden gift card in our gift exchange. Brian got some whiskey which he was happy about. I love visiting with my family, but by 8:00 I was beyond ready to go home!
Overall, the Mitchell family had a wonderful Christmas! We are very blessed! Brian and I have lots of gift cards that we get to spend and our kiddos have enough toys for a daycare center! Gavin's first Christmas was long, but I couldn't ask for a better baby! I hope that everyone had a very Merry Christmas!
The kid table...Macie was thrilled to get to eat with Kaylee!
Kaylee helped Gavin drink his bottle

Macie was excited about her new tea set!
Lots of food to put in her new shopping cart!

No comments: