Monday, December 13, 2010

Physical Therapy

Today was our first Snow Day of the year. I have to admit I was a little shocked that they cancelled school, but then again I haven't been out of the house since Saturday night. Because we had a snow day, Gavin's physical therapist called to see if she could see him today. It was his very first session, so I'm glad that we were able to do it on a day we were already home. Next week will be the same thing because I'll be off for Christmas break. Gavin's therapist, Melissa, is very nice. I was a little worried that an hour would be too long, but the time flew by! He only fussed once and tolerated her messing with him the whole time. She actually said that he had shown a lot of improvement since the initial evaluation report. The exercises we've been doing have really paid off! She gave him some more homework for the week. Most of the "tools" she used were things in our house (leg, couch, chair, etc.). She said she likes to use what we already have so that it will be easy to work with him. It will be neat to see his progress over the next few months!
Besides physical therapy, I've been very busy and productive today! All of our laundry is clean (not folded but sorted), one load of dishes is done, I prepped dinner tonight, all meals for tomorrow are ready, and I made a big batch of mashed potatoes to freeze. I need to clean up the rest of the dishes and make dinner later, but for now I think I'll enjoy the rest of the snow day playing with my kiddos!

No comments: