Saturday, December 22, 2012

Dear Lilah

Dear Lilah,
I don't even know where to begin this letter to you.  After your sister and brother were born, I'd convinced myself that I'd be OK if I didn't have anymore children.  Deep down, I knew that I wasn't done, but we were already so blessed, I didn't want to be greedy.  Then, I found out I was pregnant with you.  I was definitely overwhelmed and stressed about having three children three and under, but overjoyed at the thought of adding another precious life to our family.  My pregnancy with you was the most challenging yet, but I grew to love you more and more each day.  I was convinced you were a boy, but pleasantly surprised to hear you were a girl.  You have completed our family perfectly.  I can't even put into words how complete I now feel.  Until you came, a piece of my heart was missing. 
You are my serious baby and take everything in.  You study things and people before giving them the OK.  You are super smiley around people you know.  You are ticklish, cuddly, and a Mama's girl!  You can also be demanding and stubborn.  I have no idea where you got that from:)  I'm so thankful we've survived the first year and I look forward to many more years to come.  I can't wait to find out who you become and hear what you have to say.  I wish the absolute best for you and will always be your number one fan!  I'm so proud to be your mommy!
I love you to the moon and back,
Mommy

No comments: