Saturday, December 14, 2013

Cookies!

Today, my mom and Allie came over for a cookie baking day.  I’ve been wanting to do this for a few years, so I made it happen this year.  Macie and Gavin napped well and were so into it!  They were great helpers and worked hard.  They honestly stuck with it for most of the time.  Lilah, on the other hand, was a bit of a nightmare.  She hadn’t napped and is still a bit too young.  She kept saying “cooking….don’t want to take a nap”.  After eating lots of toppings, and possibly some butter, Brian forced her to sleep before he left to bartend.  For dinner, we had tacos and fruit salad.  Of course, we had cookies for dessert!
Allie rescheduled her cookie party for tomorrow, so we saved some of them for that and split up the rest.  We made no bakes, peanut butter chocolate chip, gingerbread, chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin, and peppermint cookies.  I also made some sugar cookie dough, but didn’t bake them yet.  I plan to make them Monday night so Macie can take them on Polar Express Day on Tuesday. 
At the end, the kids melted a bit and my mom helped to get them to sleep.  She stayed and we talked for a while.  That was a rare treat for me!  I think the first cookie baking day turned out great and I look forward to doing it again!!
003006007008009010011012
Funny thing about the aprons…the kids and I had on aprons when my mom and Allie got there.  We only had one big apron left and a few small ones.  Gavin really wanted everyone to wear an apron, so Allie got the big one and Grandma was a good sport and put on one of the kids’ ones.  It looked more like a bib, but it was classic!
016017018019020021022023