Sunday, December 8, 2013

Operation NO MORE DIAPERS!

Black Friday was not only a big shopping day for me, it was also the day we started potty training Lilah.  We’ve been buying diapers for over 5 years and often buying for more than one child.  We were done and the time had come. 

I went shopping and Brian started.  We used the same 3 day method we used with Gavin.  Lilah threw her diapers away and then started.  The first day and a half was hell to say the least.  Of course Lilah started having diarhea the day we started potty training.  She had a ton of accidents, but the good thing was, she didn’t like it one bit!  We kept trudging ahead….even on no sleep due to an ER visit…we didn’t give up.  Saturday around 11, I looked and Brian and realized there was no way I was going to be able to do this when we went to bartend.  We made a quick decision to take the big two to Sturgis.  It was a good decision.  From that point on, with one exception in the middle of the night, Lilah didn’t have any accidents.  I was able to focus all of my attention on her and she started really getting it.  I took her to the bathroom a million times, but her panties were still dry so I just dedicated myself to sticking with it.  I was so happy Sunday night, but nervous about sending her to Miss Julie’s the next day.  More about that later…

Here are a few ways we stayed busy over the weekend…

104108111113114115116117118119120

No comments: