Sunday, December 8, 2013

Turkey Day 2013

Wow…what a Thanksgiving we had.  Wednesday night, Macie was complaining that her belly hurt and she ended up throwing up.  We are never sure with her if she is sick or it is just her anxiety/nerves.  After some sleep and getting sick, she felt a ton better.  I didn’t know if we should just call it and stay home for Thanksgiving, but we talked to my mom and decided to try to go.

Our first stop was my Aunt Alice’s to visit with my dad’s side of the family.  I made homemade rolls this year and they were delish.  I also got my great-grandma’s roll recipe so I plan to try to make them at some point.  The kids had a lot of fun.  Gavin and Clayton were playing spies and they were so darn cute! 

Our next stop was my Aunt Jennifer’s to visit with my mom’s side of the family.  This was more difficult for me because it is the first Thanksgiving without my grandma.  My uncle made her famous dumplings and they were so good.  They had set up her Christmas tree and we all were able to get ornaments off of the tree.  Lilah was just walking around the tree and staring at it.  I guess she doesn’t remember them from last year.  She was so sweet.  Even the kids  picked ornaments to keep.  It was really neat.  I will always treasure them!

088089091092094095096098101102

No comments: