Tuesday, October 11, 2011

29 Week Doctor's Appointment

Tuesday afternoon I had my 29 week doctor's appointment. I had to drink the "orange stuff" for my glucose test and meet with Dr. Crutcher. My weight, blood pressure, and Lilah's heart rate were all good.


I had a list of questions for Dr. C. I asked what she thought of Lilah's size and she seemed to think that she was a bit on the larger side too. She wasn't overly concerned though because she remembered that my other two were a bit bigger. This could be an indicator of gestational diabetes, but we will see.


I also talked to her about my pain, swelling, and contractions. She said that while it is to be expected, I should also do my best to not stand as much. We both laughed when I reminded her that I teach a class of 23 first graders and my assistant quit a few weeks ago. I am going to do my best though to sit down when I can. She also suggested I get a belly band. I can either buy one at a store or go through my insurance. I told her I would look around and then contact her if I couldn't find one. Luckily, my sister-in-law has one that she is going to let me borrow. I plan to get it this weekend and hope that it works!


We set up my bpps (ultrasounds) starting in 2 weeks. Basically, starting in 2 weeks, I go every single week. I have 8 more ultrasounds and 5 visits with Dr. C before Lilah comes. While I love to see her a lot, it means a lot of missed work!


My blood work went really well. I think that it helped that right before I went back, I was talking to a couple who just had their first ultrasound for their first child. The pure joy and excitement on their faces was great to see. Plus, they told me they had only been married for 4 months. I chuckled and said that I was in their shoes a few years ago! I was in a good place when they called me back. Plus, I had my awesome lab tech. They said that I would hear from them the next day if something was wrong. I haven't heard anything today, so I'm praying that means good news!

No comments: