Sunday, October 9, 2011

Pregnancy Update: 29 Weeks

The countdown is on...10 weeks from tomorrow I am scheduled to have Lilah. Time is flying by! I haven't done much updating lately, so here is what's been going on.



  • We've purchased Lilah's crib and mattress, but it isn't set up yet. We still need to go back and buy the rails to convert her crib to a full size bed. Brian brought in the tubs of Macie's clothes so I can go through them soon. I'm hoping to do all of this next weekend. We have a lot of stuff taken care (diaper bag, blanket, burp cloths, etc) with her name on them. I'm super excited.


  • Lilah is super active! I usually feel her the most early in the morning and late at night. Those are the few times I am relaxing. I also feel her randomly throughout the day. Macie and Gavin have both had a chance to feel her.


  • The kids are both really excited about Lilah coming (for now at least)! They like to lift up my shirt, rub and kiss my belly, and Macie talks about her every day. We talk about what she is going to look like and all of the things Macie is going to do with her. I think she is going to be a big helper.


  • I have a family/maternity photo shoot planned in November. We get our pictures done once a year and this is also my last pregnancy, so I want to document it.


  • I've been VERY tired lately. It probably doesn't help that I go go go! I'm having an extremely difficult time getting up in the morning. Not only am I tired, but also nauseous again. Once I get going, it gets better. My legs/ankles/feet have been swelling, especially the left one. As soon as I sit in my chair at the end of the night, I can hardly get up because I am so stiff. Brian laughs at me.


  • I'm still peeing constantly, but I'm sleeping better at night. Trust me, I'm taking full advantage of that! I have contractions every day. Sometimes they are worse than others. At times, I feel like I can't even breathe because my stomach is so tight. Historically, contractions have done nothing for me. I don't dilate, so Dr. Crutcher isn't overly worried about it, but if I ever can't get it to stop on my own, I'm supposed to call her.


  • I made an appointment to pre-register at the hospital in November.


  • My next appointment is Tuesday. It is a regular check up and I also have my glucose screening. Blood work...my favorite! I'm hoping to find out exactly when I will start my weekly ultrasounds.

1 comment:

Holly said...

I was sick my entire pregnancy, including labor, with Ewan. I feel ya!