Friday, October 7, 2011

A Mommy/Macie Day

Today I had a chance to spend the whole day with Macie. I didn't have school and I chose to spend the day with her because we don't get to often enough now and I know that it is only going to get harder when Lilah gets here. We started out the day making breakfast (eggs and toast). Then, we went to Walmart to buy everything we needed for Macie's party tomorrow. She was beyond excited and several old ladies thought she was just precious.
Our next stop was my classroom. I'm not going to be at school on Monday and I had a few things to finish getting ready. While we were there, Macie did a good job and even drew a picture with markers. I was super impressed with her picture, and it shows me just how grown up she is. All of her markings had a purpose and if you look closely, you can find an "M" and a "P". She drew them by herself without me showing her how!
After school, we stopped by the house so I could pick up my camera and then headed to the mall. We met Patti and Maddie for lunch. They can't come to her party tomorrow and wanted to spend some time with her. We ate lunch from Chick-Fil-A and then played in the play area. Maddie had never played there before, so Macie had a good time showing her around. The girls were cute together and took a minute to warm up. By the time we left, Macie was exhausted and took a LONG nap. She even cuddled with me for a bit. I'm so glad that we had a chance to spend this today together.



Getting a picture of the two girls was much harder than I'd anticipated! Macie kept shutting her eyes!







Maddie and Patti got Macie a hopscotch set and some bath books. They even picked out some Gavin would like too!

Thanks ladies! We can't wait to do lunch again!

No comments: