Thursday, October 27, 2011

First BPP

On Tuesday, I had another doctor's appointment and my first Biophysical Profile (BPP). A BPP is an ultrasound in which you can earn 8 points. They are looking at the baby's movement, heart rate, amniotic fluid levels, and breathing. Lilah's (they checked and she's still a girl) heart rate, fluid levels, and breathing were great right away, but she wouldn't move! The ultrasound tech was pushing on my belly and nothing. Finally, she had me roll over on my side. It took a while, but Lilah started moving and got all of her points. I'm glad that she passed her first test!
They were also able to tell that she has a patch of hair on the back of her head. I wonder what color it will be. As far as her growth, they estimated her to be 4 pounds 2 ounces. That is still on the larger side. In fact, her belly is measuring a week and a half ahead, but her legs are a little behind. Long story short...she's measures ahead, big belly, short legs...yep that's my kid!
After my ultrasound, I had a long wait to meet with Dr. Crutcher. I didn't gain any weight the last two weeks and my blood pressure was great. After a quick chat, I was on my way. I go back next week (and every Tuesday after that) for another BPP. I can't believe that we are at this point in the pregnancy already.

1 comment:

CJM said...

So glad to hear all is well!!!! :)