Sunday, January 1, 2012

Boyles Family Christmas

I wasn't up to leaving the house on Christmas and Annie had to work, so we celebrated Christmas with my family on New Year's Eve. We got to my parent's house a little after 9 and ended up staying all day. We opened gifts right away because the kids (and adults) were super excited. Everyone got great gifts! I only got overwhelmed once because I had too many things coming at me at. Macie and Gavin were so patient to get their presents and helped to clean up the mess.


After the presents were opened, I had Brian take our gifts and Lilah's out to the van. Then we opened up some of Macie and Gavin's gifts for them to play with. For lunch we had chicken and dumplings, carrots, Hawaiian rolls, and caramel corn. We snacked all day and since we stayed so late, Dad ordered Turoni's pizza for dinner. Everything was so good!


Macie and Gavin decided they were tired and wanted a nap and laid down for a bit. They played for about an hour before Grandma got them to sleep. They didn't sleep too long, but it was better than nothing. The kids were so well behaved all day!


By the time we got home, it was time for the kids to go to bed. They went without a fuss. I fed Lilah and then fell asleep myself. It was my first time out of the house and I was wiped! Brian and Lilah ended up napping too. We woke up around 10:30 to feed Lilah and watched the ball drop in New York. We were all in bed before midnight. It wasn't exactly the romantic New Year's/Anniversary that Brian had wanted, but what did he expect:)


This year we had two great days celebrating Christmas with our families. Both days we stayed all day, everyone was able to be there, and the kids were so well behaved. We are so blessed to have great families in our lives that love us and spoil our children rotten!

Lilah wore the Christmas dress Aunt Poggy bought for her

Me and my youngest love

Grams B was delighted to meet Lilah Jean

Jean is both of my Grandma's middle names

Look at all of those presents!

Macie's presents from Grandma and Grandpa were in Dora paper and Gavin's were in Thomas paper

Brian got the first gift of the day






Chocolate football!



Rain boots!



What's in that big package?

We made Annie cry with the gift we got her! She loved the notepad with her and Keena on it!

Lilah got a new lunch box

Look at all of those blocks!

I was really excited about my blanket from 31!





Gavin got some hats and boy dress up clothes!

Zig the Big Rig



Lilah's new piggy bank



Lilah slept through all the present chaos

This Cookie Monster mp3 player was very popular!





Annie and Charles

Allie holding up the ornament that we got her

Middle Child Mom's Favorite...so true!





Grandpa's boy

Matching Hats

Gavin took a nap on Keena's new dog bed...good thing she hasn't used it yet!



Lilah's gifts...she was definitely spoiled her 1st Christmas

My favorite gift?? The diapers!

No comments: