Saturday, January 7, 2012

Out and About

Friday was another busy day for Lilah and me! Thankfully, it was a pretty nice day and not too cold. First up, I had a brow wax. I slept in a bit too late and was rushing out the door to make it there by 10:45! When I was there, I ran into my Grandma Wolf. I was happy to see her and my Aunt Jeri (who works at the same place) so I could show off Lilah. I also made appointments for Macie and Gavin to get their hair cut on Saturday. During my brow wax, I caught up with Natalie. She is pregnant with her third and we talked about how crazy it is. I wouldn't change a thing...but it's not always easy!
After my appointment, I ran by school. I originally didn't want to take Lilah inside because I didn't want to expose her to anything, but I had to take her. I went straight into the office to fill out my insurance paper work, pick up a form for a student, and buy scrip. I only saw a few people and I was out the door.
After school, I ran home to feed Lilah and eat some lunch. Then, we were out the door and off to my doctor's appointment. Once again, Lilah was a hit! The receptionists, ultrasound tech, Nusha, and Dr. Crutcher were happy to see her. They all said that they don't often get to see the end result. I got on the scale and was thrilled to see that I've lost 20 pounds! I only gained 15, so that's great. I am smaller than I've been in a LONG time. Now, the trick is, I need to keep it off and lose more. I'm not going to get pregnant again, so hopefully I'll be able to do it. My blood pressure was also good. The main reason I had to go in was to have my incision checked. It looked fine and I'll go back in a few weeks for my yearly check up.
Our final stop was Walgreens. I had to pick up my photo cards and was happy to run into my Aunt Jackie. She hadn't seen Lilah either and was showing her off to people in the store. The funniest thing happened. An elderly lady came up and talked about how cute she was and asked what her name was. When I said Lilah she looked shocked. Come to find out her name was Lilah, but her mom didn't like her name and never called her that. How random is that?
Friday was a good day, but I was worn out!

No comments: