Thursday, January 5, 2012

Girls' Day

Thursday morning both girls had a doctor appointment so I made it a girls' day. Gavin went to daycare and it was the first time I've been out and about on my own. Of course, Lilah didn't sleep much the night before and ate constantly. I was beyond exhausted, but I made it through the day!
The girls' appointment was at 9:15, which isn't too early, but it was still rough to get everyone ready and out the door. I don't know what I will do when I have all three on my own! First they weighed and measured both girls. Lilah weighs 8 pounds 5 ounces and is 20 1/8 inches long. Macie weighed 34 pounds (75th percentile) and is 37 1/4 inches tall (50th percentile). Then, we went back in the room and they wanted Macie to get into a gown. She was NOT having it! I got her to strip down and she was much happier being in her panties then wearing the gown. I didn't fight the battle. She had been freaking out about going to the doctor for a couple of days and acted out at daycare horribly the day before. I had to force her on the scale so the gown was the least of my worries. When Dr. Voyles came in, he checked out Lilah first. He said she was doing great. She is almost back to her birth weight and doesn't seem to be affected by all of the coughing going on in our house. He was happy that her cord fell off, but noticed that her belly button was slightly herniated. He said it wasn't a big deal and should resolve itself soon. Lilah goes back at 2 months for her first round of shots:( Macie was next. She let Dr. Voyles do what he needed but not without some tears. He was happy with her progress and even happier when he realized she hadn't been there since her last well visit. I asked Dr. Voyles about her anxiety and he said it was normal. I also asked about her belly aches. Macie always complains that her belly hurts, but I don't know how much stock to take in it. He said not to worry about it much. She will go back in one year and get her kindergarten shots. I think Daddy needs to take her to that appointment! Overall, Dr. Voyles said that we have two healthy girls...music to my ears! The appointment went great up until this point. I had to get both girls dressed and finish filling out the paperwork. The girls were both needing me and I was getting stressed. Macie was happy that she got a Strawberry Shortcake sticker and I was happy to get out of there!
After we left, we went to the bank, dropped off some clothes at Goodwill, and got gas. The last stop was Walmart. I promised Macie we would go get her a new hat for winter and a treat if she was good at the doctor. I found a hat that matched her coat for $1.27. Do you think that is what we ended up with? NO...Macie spotted a Dora hat that was pink. Double bonus in her eyes! I gave in and let her have it even though it was a bit more expensive. Then, she picked Reece Pieces as her treat. The rest of the day we stayed home. We all took a nap and hung out. I'm so glad that I had a full day with my girls!


New hat! Don't worry, she didn't eat all of those Reese Pieces at one time!

No comments: