Saturday, January 7, 2012

A Day of Firsts

Today was a day of firsts: Macie's gymnastics class, Gavin's hair cut, Lilah's pap, and my first time alone with all three kids.
The first "first" of the day was a gymnastics class for Macie. We, along with Uncle John, got her two months of gymnastics for her birthday. Aunt Katie bought her some outfits so she was ready to go. Today was her first class. She was really excited to go, but as always, freaked out when we got there. I had to walk her out there and it took the full 45 minutes for me to make it off of the floor. Slowly but surely, she warmed up and tried all of the stuff. They keep the girls super busy and active the whole class. There ended up being 10 girls in her class and we heard that was a big class. Unfortunately, there was sub today so Macie will have to get used to a new teacher next week. Thankfully, one of the teachers was super sweet and took care of Macie. She gave her the extra encouragement needed.
Most of the girls were pretty serious and looked and acted older than Macie. It is a 3/4 class and I know a year can make a big difference. Macie was the only one talking out and she kept saying things like, "I did it!", "I'm getting tired", and "I falled" as she would try something new. I couldn't help but smile. My little girl is growing up! This was our first organized sport experience and Brian and I were both a little nervous about it. All five of us went to cheer Macie on. We are so proud of her. Every week from now on Brian and I are going to take turns going while the other one stays home with the other 2. This will make things easier and make this a special time for Macie.

Macie loved her new outfit. As she was getting dressed, she said, "I'm going to look cute!"


Balance Beam...all my pictures are blurry! I hate this camera!




Gavin had a blast in the playroom!

Lilah slept the whole time!



She was so proud of herself that she was able to do this!

No comments: