Saturday, January 21, 2012

Madisonville Road Trip

Aunt Allie came with Macie and me to her gymnastics class today. It was Macie's best class yet! Aunt Allie walked her out there and convinced her to get on a dot. She actually did all of the stretches with the class and stayed out there all but a five minute freak out in the middle and potty break. I got to sit on the bleachers with the other parents and I was one proud mama!

After the class, we picked up the rest of the family and headed to Madisonville. First, we met Brian's whole family at Applebees to eat. Macie and Gavin were already tired, but they were pretty well behaved. Considering we had four kids 3 and under, lunch was a success! Our next stop was the hospital to see Papaw (Grammie's dad). He's not doing so well and we wanted to make sure we went for a visit. We set up camp in a main hallway where there were some chairs. I didn't want Lilah to go into the room because she is so young. Nanny was able to come out and see the kids and meet Lilah. The rest of us took turns seeing Papaw. Aunt Katie even gave Macie a pedicure while we were there! Our last stop was to see Mamaw and Papaw (Pops' parents). We showed off Lilah and didn't stay too long because the kids were melting. The highlight for Gavin was the trains. He was so excited to see them up close! We had a great trip even though it was short.
When we were eating dinner, I asked Macie what her favorite thing we did today was. Keep in mind she went to gymnastics, ate at Applebeast, got Scooby snacks and gummy bears, and saw all of her family. She said, "Umm..I'd say seeing Papaw at the hospital. He gets a little bit sad sometimes." How sweet is that!?! Even though Macie can be challenging at times, moments like this make my heart smile!

Double fisting...this dude ate and ate! Lilah got cuddle time with Aunt Beth and Aunt Katie!

Nanny with my beautiful crew

This is the best picture I have of all four kids with Nanny...let's just say it wasn't easy!

Lilah and Nanny



Pedicure time!

I love this picture of my sweet nephew Parker!

The finished product



Four Generations of Mitchell Men

No comments: