Monday, January 9, 2012

First Time Flying Solo

Our fourth "first" of the day was my first time alone with all three kids while they were awake. Brian had run errands after Macie and Gavin were in bed before, but I hadn't been totally alone with them until Saturday night. Brian got called last minute to bartend and we couldn't pass up the money. I was a little nervous about it, but knew I could handle it. My biggest concern was that I still have a lot of restrictions from the c-section and can't pick up Gavin. Thankfully, the evening went better that I could have expected. The kids were pretty well behaved and my mom stopped by around 6:30 to help me get Macie and Gavin in bed. She stayed for a while to chat. I know there will be many more challenges ahead with my three little ones, but I'm happy to say I've already overcome the obstacle of my first time alone with them!

1 comment:

CJM said...

You will do great!!! My friend has 3 under 3 and she is a stay at home mom, so she was on her own after the first week and she takes all 3 everywhere by herself...just takes some getting used to :) Can't believe she is already 3 weeks old. Time just goes faster everytime!