Saturday, October 9, 2010

Party Prep

For Macie's 2nd Birthday Party, I decided to have a Fall Carnival. I have honestly been thinking about having this party since I was pregnant with Macie. Once, I found out she was due in the Fall, I thought it would be fun to have a party in our back yard with games and lots of fun. I wanted to wait until she was 2 so that she could do more of the stuff. I'm so glad that I did! Planning this party was so fun! Macie got so into it. We've been talking about her party for the last week or so...who would come....what we would do....what we would eat. I took Macie shopping with me so that she could pick some stuff out. She picked white cake and white icing with sprinkles. She also picked out plates, napkins, and cupcake holders. She kept telling people in the store, "My parde, my parde". She brought a lot of smiles to some faces!
I was so proud of us because we spent less than $80 on the whole party! Couponing and using stuff I already had goes a long way!
Yesterday, Macie helped me organize all of the stuff!

Brian found these invites and I thought they were perfect!

We had lots of activites to do: painting pumpkins, duck pond, bobbing for apples, face painting, corn hole, washers, and foam sticker art.

The banner that I made
The food table: hot dogs, chips, cupcakes, peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, homemade caramel corn, regular popcorn, tea and lemonade.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Ahh, what a fun birthday party!! I'm sure Macey had a great time.