Saturday, October 9, 2010

Macie's 2nd Birthday Bash

Today we had Macie's 2nd Birthday Bash! It was a huge success and everything I envisioned it to be! Well, all except for the weather. I prayed for no rain, which I got, but I forgot to ask for cool fall weather! I had a cute fall outfit that I wanted Macie to wear, but instead I had to dig out some summer clothes because they were calling for record highs. She picked a dress which was fine with me. Macie had a great time. It was worth all of the hard work and planning to see her running around having a blast. She loved the food, enjoyed the games, and was covered from head to toe in face paint! She was blessed with many presents, including, 8 or 9 outfits, 5 sets of pjs, art supplies, movies, a baby doll, dress up stuff, books, bath toys, and a tricycle! I'm sure that I left something out! She was a little crabby and overwhelmed when we were opening gifts. She wanted to play with everything right there and then and wasn't interested in opening anything else. There were a lot of pictures taken with my camera, but Allie also took a lot. I can't wait to see them! I only posted about 20 but there were a lot more!
I just want to thank everyone who helped with Macie's party and who came to share her special day! It means so much to Brian and I that we are blessed with so many friends and family members who love us!

The swing set was one busy place!
Daddy helped Macie "bob" for an apple!
She got one!
I think Macie wanted to get in the water!
Brian had to show the kids how to do it!
Leland, Hannah, and Keelin all bobbing for apples at the same time!
Bailey painting his pumpkin with the help of his Mommy
Macie painting her pumpkin

Wendy ended up being the expert face painter! Macie even had eye shadow!
"Happy Birthday to you"

My Uncle Alan joked about how we were giving her a much smaller cake portion this year!


Aunt Allie got Macie a new tricycle! I love the parent controls on the back!
Hannah had to check out Macie's new wheels
The birthday princess!
Gavin napped through most of the party and didn't wake up until Macie was opening gifts. It was nice to end the party with a family photo! A picture perfect day!

No comments: