Sunday, October 3, 2010

"I Sorry"

Brian and I had a lazy day at home planned. The kids woke up bright and early (around 6:30) and it was my morning to get up with them. I fed both kids breakfast, started the dishwasher, washed a load of clothes and was getting ready to give baths. Brian got up and helped me give the kids baths. We noticed that Gavin was very stopped up. He had a lot of mucus and was coughing. We thought it would be best to keep him home instead of going to church. Brian took Macie because I went last week. Macie was a little whiny, but was excited to go to church with Daddy. Brian said she did surprisingly well, but was ready to come home and play with Mommy. While they were gone, Gavin slept and I showered and worked on laundry. I was feeling good with how much I was accomplishing so early and looking forward to playing with the kids and lounging around. Let's just say that didn't happen!!!
Macie was acting tired and hungry, so we fed her an early lunch. She wanted no part of it. I decided to just go ahead and lay her down for a nap. My parents planned to visit and I wanted her to be done napping before they got here. She cried a little and I had to put her back in bed once, but she seemed to quiet down and fall asleep. About 15 minutes later, she started crying and that's when all hell broke loose. I ran in there to make sure she hadn't fallen out of bed. She hadn't, so I put her back in bed. As soon as I did, she threw up. I grabbed her up and held her because she was very upset. Then, she threw up all over me. I yelled out to Brian for help. Long story short....she threw up a total of 8 times in a little over an hour, went through 5 outfit changes, and managed to damage 6 different surfaces. We even learned the ques and had a blue bowl for her to get sick in. Needless to say, Brian and I could hardly keep up. I don't know what we would have done if only one of us was here. We now have a lovely stain on our living room floor, even though Brian scrubbed it and used the carpet shampooer.
The sweetest thing was that she kept apologizing to us. She said, "I sorry" over and over. She looked so sad and pathetic and we weren't upset with her at all. No matter how many times we told her it was OK, she still kept apologizing. She took two short naps in our arms, but now she is laying down again. Hopefully, she won't get sick anymore. Brian will be staying home with the kids tomorrow. I'm praying that Gavin stays healthy and that our sweet baby girl will feel better soon!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Ohhh, "I sorry" your little girl is sick:(. I hope she feels better soon!!!