Sunday, October 17, 2010

10 Year Reunion

Last night was my 10 year high school reunion. I honestly can't believe that it's been 10 years since I graduated high school. Going to the reunion made me reflect on my life...was I where I'd hoped to be in 10 years? The answer is absolutely YES! I have a job that I love, am married to a wonderful man, and have two beautiful children! Yes, I love my life. I do have to admit though that I was dreading going. Long story short, my best friend from high school died in a drunk driving accident 8 years ago this month. We always talked about going to our reunions in the future and how they would be. On the day of my 5 year reunion, I had a complete and total melt down and couldn't make myself go. I literally cried all day! (Ironically, I met Brian the night before my reunion) This time around, I knew that I had to go! I wanted to and it would be good for me. Jessica would have wanted me to go! Friday night, I got out my senior year book and I reminisced a bit with Brian. It was kind of cool to look at the book and remind myself of some of the people in my class!
I'm so glad that I went last night because I had a blast. There weren't a lot of people there, but it is was enough to make it a fun night. We ended up going to Fox and Hound. Brian and I took full advantage of the fact that we had an overnight babysitter and we went to Hacienda first for a margarita and some chips and cheese. Then we went to the Fox. I haven't been able to let loose like that for almost 3 years! It was good to see people. There were at least 5 pregnant women there and many more had kids so it was fun to share stories. After the Fox, we went to Steak-N-Shake for a late (after midnight) dinner. We made it home about 1:30. I used to go out like that every weekend. Now, I can barely handle one night of it! Yes it was fun, but I think I like my simple life much better!

No comments: