Saturday, June 23, 2012

Half Birthday

On Tuesday, our sweet Lilah celebrated her half birthday!  OK....time really needs to slow down!  How in the world is my baby 6 months already?!?  I have been a little emotional lately.  Not just about the fact that my babies grow too quickly, but about how thankful I am to have them.  There are many people who struggle to get pregnant and are lucky to have one child.  For some reason, God has blessed me with three!  How did I get so lucky and why am I so worthy?  Many people are critical of our choice to have three kids, especially so close together.  I put that area of my life in God's hands and am eternally thankful that he saw me fit to raise these beautiful babies.  Well, enough sap....now what Lilah is up to:
Sleep:  It really bugs me that Lilah still isn't on a set schedule.  She is all over the place!  With that said, she still isn't sleeping through the night.  Brian and I are exhausted and so ready for a good nights sleep.  She also doesn't nap super well.  She cat naps.  Occasionally, she will nap for an hour and that is super nice. 
Eating: Like all of my children, Lilah is a good eater!  She takes a 6 ounce bottle every 4 hours (sometimes around the clock) and still eats baby food with cereal twice a day.  She hasn't found anything she doesn't like.  She has also tried puffs and liked them.
Talking: Lilah has turned into quite the "talker".  I will here her jabbering away to herself and it is so cute. She has a lot to say.  She's going to have to learn to  be verbal to keep up with the rest of us!
Playing: Lilah is playing more and more!  She loves rings and anything she can chew on.  She also loves to play with her brother and sister.  They love playing with her just as much.  I know they will have many struggles to come, but the bond between siblings is one that is unique.  I hope they are each other's best friends.
What else?: Lilah is super smiley.  She will still study someone with her serious look if she is unfamiliar or hasn't seen them in a while.  But, before long she is smiling and showing off her two bottom teeth!  She is also sitting with very little support.  She can roll over from her belly to her back scoots all over the place.  She has also started getting up on all fours and rocking.  Another new thing is spit bubbles.  Oh yeah, and drool, drool, drool!

We just love her so much and look forward to the next month of adventures!  Her first birthday is 6 months away...guess I should start planning:) 




No comments: