Thursday, June 14, 2012

Gavin's Day Take 2

Wednesday was Gavin's day with Mommy.  We started out the day with therapy.  After therapy, we headed to Red Bank library.  It was the only location that had a story time for toddlers on Wednesday.  I signed Gavin up for the reading program, did some puzzles, picked out a few books, and he even found a snake!  During the program, Gavin was surprisingly shy.  There were only 6 kids there and their caregivers.  We sang a few songs, danced, listened to stories, and made a special craft for daddy.  He warmed up a bit as time went on.  It was a neat experience for me to see him in that setting.  Hopefully, we will be able to go back next week!
After the library, we went to Kid's Kingdom and ate a picnic lunch before playing.  It was such a beautiful day!  Our last stop was Target to pick up some diapers for Lilah.  I even let Gavin pick out a ball.  Once we got home, Gavin napped and I cleaned up the house a bit.  When he woke up, we played outside and made dinner.  Another great day!
I am really loving these one on one days with my kids.  I know they are enjoying them equally as much!  I learn so much about each one of them and how different and unique they are.  Even though they can be challenging, I truly love them with everything I have.  I once saw a quote that said, "Having a kid is like agreeing to have your heart walk outside of your body" or something like that.  I have to say, I now know what they are talking about!


 The books Gavin picked out...too perfect if you ask me!
A water fountain that is just his size! 



 Watch out!  The driver can't see over the wheel!

No comments: