Thursday, June 21, 2012

Happy Father's Day!

I really tried to make Father's Day special for Brian without spending too much money.  I filled the trash cans with yard waste two weeks in a row by myself so he wouldn't have too.  ( I got poison ivy again in the process, but I digress)  I also made him breakfast in the morning.  He is usually the breakfast cook, so I thought I would change it up.  I also took pictures of the kids in Brian's clothes and made a collage for him.  I wanted to have it ready to go in the morning, but Walgreens didn't get the memo:(  There were a lot of issues and I wasn't able to get the collage until halfway through the day.  The good news is, they gave us three copies since they didn't have it ready.  Brian took one to work, I hung one in the hallway, and I plan to take one to work in the fall. 
After breakfast, we ran a few errands and went to pick up the kids.  We ate lunch in Sturgis.  They ordered Godfather's pizza and it was so good.  It really hit the spot for some reason.  We got Pops a new shirt and the kids made him a card.  After lunch, we let the kids nap in the car while we headed to my parents' house.  We wanted to wish my dad a Happy Father's Day, but we weren't able to stay long.  Lilah started screaming.  We went in with my sisters and got my dad a wall safe.  The kids made a card for him, too.  Once we got home, I went to work.  I did laundry and cleaned up the kitchen.  I made zucchini bread.  It was so yummy!  For dinner, we ate the leftover pizza along with some squash from the garden and some zucchini mini muffins.  Random, but it was good.  I hope that Brian had a wonderful Father's Day.  I'm so thankful that is the father of my children.  He is a hand's on dad and I couldn't be happier about that!






1 comment:

Kelly said...

I love this idea!!! I'll have to do this next year..too cute!!!