Friday, June 15, 2012

Lilah's Day

Lilah finally got to spend the day with Mommy.  She had a day with me back in April, but hasn't had alone time since.  Life has been crazy and because she doesn't know if she misses her day, she often gets jipped:(  Anyway, we had a great day.  We cuddled, played, and spent some time with Aunt Annie!  She even got to take a snooze in the swing while Mommy was working in the yard and try out some new equipment.  I put her in a booster seat for the first time.  We plan to sell her high chair at our yard sale this weekend, so I wanted to make sure that she would be able to use the booster.  We tried out Gavin's and she did great!  Hers is in the shed, but we will get it out this weekend.  Exciting stuff!
My baby is growing so fast.  In fact, I rocked her to sleep and was holding her and I just started crying.  I had a moment where I realized that this is the last baby that is mine that I will rock to sleep like this.  I am so totally fine with not having anymore kids and often think about a time when things will be easier (if that's possible), but I don't want to wish my life away.  I love all of these precious moments with my babies.  Even though Lilah is my third, it is still a unique experience.  She is different than the other two.  She has a similar look, yet a look all her own.  Her temperament is a mix of Macie and Gavin.  She can entertain herself and is often happy like Gavin was, but also can scream and let you know she wants your attention like Macie.  I just love Lilah and am so blessed that God chose me to be her Mommy.  I truly feel like she completes our family. 



No comments: