Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Visiting Papaw

Last Friday, we found out that Papaw had pneumonia and was in the hospital.  The kids and I met Brian at work and headed to Madisonville.  He wasn't doing well and we wanted to make sure we went to see him.  We got to Brian's work a bit early so that I could feed the kids in the van.  We went to the hospital and the kids were a little leery.  Papaw had an oxygen mask on and they honestly don't go to the hospital that often.  Nanny was thrilled to see them though!  Macie wouldn't get in a picture because she was trying to figure out what was going on, but overall the kids did pretty well.  The room was tiny and Gavin was getting a little wild, but we managed.  Aunt Jackie and Uncle Randy also came for a visit so it was nice to see them.  They hadn't seen Lilah yet.  Aunt Jackie asked to take pictures of the kids on her phone and before long, they were posing and asking her to take their pictures!  After our visit, we stopped for some Mexican food.  Brian and I were really hungry.  It was already 6:30, so I was worried about the kids.  We knew what we wanted right away, so it didn't really take long.  Plus, the kids each got their own bowl of salsa, so they were set!  They actually did better than I did.  The restaurant was so hot I was miserable and the waitress was horrible.  I took most of my food home and ate it the next day.  Once were in the van, we changed the kids into pjs and headed home.
It was nice to see Nanny and Papaw, but I hate that we keep seeing him in the hospital.  Thankfully, today he was moved back to the nursing home.  He is still on antibiotics, but is doing better.



No comments: