Thursday, June 21, 2012

Garden Goodies

We've already gotten several things out of our garden!  I've made two batches of zucchini bread.  Each batch makes a loaf and some muffins.  All four of us love it.  The kids are so thrilled when they get to eat it for breakfast, or any time for that matter.  As far as the squash, we've been just cooking it in the microwave with a little salt, pepper, and butter.  YUMMY!!  I'm loving this garden goodies. 
Besides zucchini bread, I've been on a baking kick lately.  Last week, I made Chocolate Chocolate Chip Banana Bread and this week, Macie and I made garlic cheddar biscuits.  Both were so good and I love the fact they were made from scratch.  I find myself trying to go back to the basics, so to speak, more and more.  There is something to be said about homemade food and a simpler life!



This sweetie wasn't found in the garden, but I love how she is holding on to the blankie while sleeping.  Too sweet!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Yumm!! I love zucchini bread...and fresh homegrown veggies!!!