Thursday, June 21, 2012

Weekend At Grammie's

Last weekend, the kids spent the weekend at Grammie and Pops' house.  But before they went, we spent Friday morning at home.  The kids and I were outside before 8:00.  I planned to get some yard work done while Macie and Gavin played and Lilah snoozed in the swing.  I worked in the "jungle" for a while before we realized we were locked out of the house.  We have a weird door knob and I guess Macie pulled the door shut and I hadn't unlocked it yet.  Long story short, Macie had to pee, we couldn't get in the house, and our outside hidden key had been taken by my dad (more than once). So, I called dad.  He was in Newburgh and had to go all of the way to his house and come and let us in.  Macie couldn't be convinced to pee in the backyard, so she held it until he got to our house.  I felt bad that dad had to come, but was grateful he came.  Once we were inside, I fed the kids lunch and got cleaned up while they napped.  Once they were awake, I took them to Sturgis.
Friday night, Brian and I were able to go on a date.  We went to Applebees and Dollar Tree.  Talk about high class living!  Then, we came home and finished getting everything ready for our yard sale.  After watching a few episodes of Big Bang Theory, we went to bed.  Saturday morning we were up bright and early for the sale.  Two of our neighbors decided to have a yard sale and invited us to join in.  We just had a sale back in march, so I pretty much had everything priced and organized.  I went through the kids' closet and added a few more things, but it wasn't too much work.  We only had baby stuff in our sale, so were very specialized.  We ended up selling our pump, both baby bedding sets, the bouncer, high chair, floor mat, plus about 5 totes of clothes.  We made $212 so I was happy.  I priced everything pretty cheap to get rid of stuff.  We still had 4 1/2 totes of clothes for a sale next year!  There were two comments that people kept making: Do you have twins? Wow, you are so organized.  They kept thanking me for having all of the clothes sorted by sex/size and labeled.  I thought it was funny.  It didn't get too hot until about 11:30.  The crowd pretty much went away so we all decided to call it.  We were all packed up and had everything put away by a little after 12.  Brian and I went to lunch at CiCi's and then took a nap.  He had to bartend and I had the rest of the night to myself. 
I already felt guilty leaving the kids at Grammie's for the whole weekend and I felt even guiltier when I found out Lilah had a temp of 102.  I called the after hours nurse and she said to give her Tylenol and that I didn't need to bring her in.  Grammie convinced me that she would be fine and I spent the rest of the evening catching up on shows on my dvr, paying bills, and going to bed somewhat early.
Sunday morning, Brian and I woke up early and ran a few errands before picking up the kids.  I was so happy to see them!  Lilah wore Grammie out and had pretty much only slept when she was being held and rocked.  She didn't have a fever anymore, so we thought everything was better and maybe she was just teething.
Friday morning, the kids begged me to take this pictures.  They do love each other:)

The kids got to play in the pool twice at Grammie's.  Once, they even got to wear their clothes!
Pops wanted to buy the kids water shoes.  They LOVE them.  My kids love shoes though.  They wear their rain boots, house shoes, and now water shoes all of the time!

No comments: