Thursday, June 28, 2012

Gavin's Day Take 4

Wednesday, Gavin and I had our weekly date.  We started out with therapy at the park.  Miss Melissa asked us to meet her at Fortress of Fun in Newburgh.  We hadn't been there in two years.  There was only one other kid there with her dad, so we pretty much had the place to ourselves.  It also wasn't too hot yet since it was 8:00am!  Gavin did great, but wore himself out.  He didn't want to slow down though.  By the time therapy was over, he was filthy!  Good thing I had a change of clothes in the car.  I cleaned him up a bit and we headed to the library for story time.  Gavin picked out 2 movies and 4 books.  Then, I had to run him out to the car because he needed a diaper change.  We went back in and played with blocks and puzzles until it was time to start.  Once again, Gavin played shy guy.  Thankfully, the class was small and he eventually warmed up a bit.  He also made an adorable Uncle Sam mask. 
After the library, we met Grandpa at Hacienda for lunch.  Next up was nap!  After nap, Gavin helped me do a few chores around the house.  Then, we headed to his appointment at Riverside Orthodics.  Gavin was doing pretty well, despite the fact that the appt wasn't until 5:00!  He was doing fine until a man walked in with his dog.  Gavin started freaking out!  The man was trying to be nice and kept saying that he asked if he could bring the dog because he didn't want to leave her in the car.  I understood, but Gavin was not a happy camper.  When the receptionist realized that Gavin was scared, she moved us to another waiting area.  I was very thankful!  When we finally got to meet with Tom, we didn't really accomplish much.  He basically just told me that we need the shoes first.  I've been holding off on buying him new tennis shoes until I found out more.  He said that we need to go to Riecken (sp?) and described what kind of shoes to look for.  He said that we then need to come back in and that it won't take him long to get the right lift at all.  I was also thrilled to find out that it would only cost around $10!  We were initally told it may be closer to $200, so that was a huge relief!  It was funny, because Tom watched him take two steps and said that he could definitely see the "drop" and the difference.  Well, Gavin and I had a great day









No comments: