Saturday, June 15, 2013

A “Me” Day

So, Macie has a day, Gavin has a day, Lilah has a day, and Brian has his time working out and doing races.  I don’t ever get a day.  Now, I must admit that I don’t ask for one often.  I feel guilty taking time being lazy, so I typically spend all of my time working on projects around the house or something for the kids/family.  Well, with the insistence of my husband, I took a much needed “me” day last Monday. 

I helped Brian get the kids ready and out the door to go to Miss Julie’s.  Then, I went back to bed.  I turned my phone on silent and knocked out!  I slept until almost 11am.  Yes, pathetic, but much needed!  I had several missed calls, but it was worth the sleep.  Once I was up, I went for a run.  I’ve been thinking about getting back into running.  I want to make sure I am committed before I spend money on shoes.  I ran a whole mile without stopping.  To some people that is no thing, but I haven’t run much in like 13 years.   A jog every now and then doesn’t count!  It was raining, but I did it anyway.  I was so proud of myself.  In fact, I’ve walked or run every day this week!

After that, I watched tv, blogged, and was overall lazy.  I did a few tidying up things, but not much at all.  The only productive family thing I did was make dinner and make some phone calls to doctors for Gavin (more on that later).  It was a great day and I’m so thankful that I was able to do it.  It definitely helped me to be a much better wife and mommy!

No comments: