Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Macie’s Day ~ 4

I had a big surprise planned for Macie today and I didn’t tell her until last night.  I invited three of Macie’s friends over for a playdate!  She has been begging me for a long time to have Reagan, Lilly, and Phoebe over.  I decided to do it all at once because I think 4 is easier than 3 sometimes.  Last night, I had Macie help me clean up the house and playroom.  I also let her pick out what type of Kool Aid she wanted and what kind of cookies she wanted me to make.  She chose sugar cookies.

This morning, we went to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things and then dropped off the van to get the brakes fixed.  Grandpa picked us up and then Macie and I got to work setting everything up.  She was so excited!  We made cookies, cleaned out the pool, filled it up (twice because I forgot to push the plug down the first time), refilled the sandbox, and set up the table and chairs. 

The girls had so much fun and I had fun chatting with my friend Brandi.  Once everyone was here, I had the girls make their pizzas.  That way, I could just throw them in the oven later.  Then, it was pool time!  They were in and out of the pool and had fun in the sprinkler.  Overall, the girls had fun (with a little drama) and were very well behaved.  Four hours was plenty and they were worn out!  After Phoebe was picked up, Brandi was nice enough to take us to pick up our van.  When we got home, we cleaned up the back yard and I forced Macie to lay down for a nap.  She slept for almost 2 hours!   I can’t believe she is old enough to have friends over.  I look forward to doing it again sometime, I just need to recoup first!

011012013014015019020021023024025026

No comments: