Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Father’s Day aka First Spontaneous Sunday

The plan was to let Brian sleep in and then bring him breakfast and cards in bed.  Well that didn’t happen.  Brian texted me around 6:30 and asked if it was ok for him to get up.  I had the kids quickly finish their cards and take them to Daddy.  We had already gotten Brian a gift (new hose and hose house) earlier in the week.  I told him all along that it was his day and we could do whatever he wanted.  Well, he took that to heart and we had a very unstructured, yet productive day. 

By the time he got out of bed, I had already dressed the kids, so he told me to get some walking clothes on.  We took a 2.5 mile walk.  The kids love going for walks rides and we are trying our best to stay active.  When we got home, Brian and I showered.  The kids called Grandpa to wish him a “Happy Father’s Day!” and invited him to meet us for breakfast at Cleavers.  Our kids had already eaten breakfast, so we just made it a late snack/early lunch.  Grandpa and Aunt Allie met us.  We had already given dad his gift (we all went in on a weed eater) a few weeks ago.  Lilah was not a happy camper during our meal, but other than that, it was good.

After breakfast, we decided to go get the kids new car seats.  Brian had done all of the research so we went to both Targets and Wal-Mart to get all three that we needed.  We also finally found LJ a new pair of sandals at Target.  We ended up at the West Side Wal-Mart and found some clearance food racks.  Brian went crazy!  I took the kids to a different area so he could stock up.  We got a TON of stuff for very little money.  Most of the stuff is oatmeal and pancake mix, but they don’t go bad for a long time and those are staples in our home.  I have pictures and the breakdowns of costs below.  At Wal-Mart, the kids were starting to get a bit cranky, so we went home for naps.  They all fell asleep on the way there and we had to carry them in.

Once we had everything put away and kids laid down, Brian insisted that I go shopping for some clothes.  Now, let me remind you that it was Father’s Day, not Mother’s Day.  I have been needing some shorts (I didn’t own a single pair) and he wanted me to get some with his bartending money from the night before.  I reluctantly left and felt guilty the whole time.  After going to three stores and getting soaked in the rain, I came home with a few pairs of shorts.

The kids were up and eating a snack.  Brian put all of the new car seats in the van and we decided to take a ride to Aunt Allie’s house to pick up some left over cupcakes.  When we got back home, we did some random chores around the house and fed the kids dinner.  After they were in bed, Brian went to get Los Bravos takeout for us and we watched Next Food Network Star.

We had a great day and as we were laying in bed ready to go to sleep, Brian and I decided that we should call days like today, “Spontaneous Sunday”.  We hope to do them more often.  We had a great day as a family and a lot of fun memories were made!

Happy Father’s Day Brian!  I’m so lucky to have you as the father of our kiddos!

009

Gavin and Macie have babies in their bellies

010

So all of this stuff would have cost 75.84 and we only spent 17.25!  That is about a 77% savings!011013014015016017

No comments: