Monday, September 24, 2012

A Conversation with God

Macie hadn't really said much about our conversation with Father Burns yesterday, but this afternoon when they were eating snack, I heard this:

M: Gavin, I want us to stay together when we grow up. 
G: K
M: You have to tell God, OK? So he will know
G: God...(mumble mumble mumble) together
M: No, say, God, I want to stay with Gavin when I grow up
G: God
M: I want stay with Gavin, I mean Macie, forever
G: God, I want to stay with Macie grow up....forever
M: Now say in the name of the father, son, holy spirit.  OK, he knows now.

I am in the other room listening with tears running down my face.  As crazy as our life can be, I wouldn't trade it for anything. Even though they can be so mean to each other, I know deep down they love and care for each other.  These are the moments I live for.  These are the moments I'm proud to be their mom!! 

No comments: