Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Sick Girl

Sunday, Lilah wasn't acting herself.  She was extra whiny in the morning, so I laid her down for a nap.  Macie told me she was awake, but when I went in to check on her, she was just laying there.  She was whimpering and totally pathetic.  I picked her up and she was burning up!  Her temp was around 102.  Brian went ahead and took her to Convenient Care because we were worried she was getting another ear infection.  They weighed her there and she is up to 19 pounds and 12 ounces!  The doctor said her ears weren't bad, but that an ear infection could be coming on.  He said to alternate Tylenol and Motrin and also prescribed her amoxicilan.  That way, even if it wasn't an ear infection, the meds would fight off whatever it was. 
The rest of the day, she was sad and lethargic and only played a little bit.  Thankfully, she still ate and drank.  Around 10pm, she was up again and her fever was close to 103.  We gave her another bottle because we were worried about dehydration.  I decided at that time I was going to stay home with her the next day.  I texted my student teacher, my principal, and called a sub.  The sub said that she had a lot to do, but that she couldn't say no to me! 
On Monday, I still had to take Macie to school and go in to make sub plans.  I also had to go back and pick up Macie.  Thankfully, while Macie was at school, Lilah's fever broke and she took a long nap (we had a rough night).  The only bad thing was that she replaced her fever with diarrhea:(  She went through four or five outfits that day. 
Even though Lilah was sick, it was nice to spend the day at home with my girls.  


No comments: