Saturday, September 15, 2012

Macie

As I've said over and over and over, nothing in our life has been normal for the last 6 or 7 weeks.  This had taken a HUGE toll on Macie.  She is very much a schedule and routine kind of kid.  She is used to us being home almost every night as a family.  We eat dinner, do baths, watch movies, play, etc.  Of course, we have nights when one of us is gone, but it is more of an exception than the norm.  She is also my most emotionally, needy child, so Macie is not handling this well at all.  The last few days she has been throwing major tantrums.  I mean MAJOR.  Throwing herself on the floor, screaming, hitting us tantrums. 
Overall, Macie has matured so much and I've been so proud of her.  This week, not so much.  It is utterly embarrassing to have your almost four year old acting crazy.  I don't want to make excuses for her, but I don't think the knows how to express herself and this is the way she's doing it.
When she was finally calm this afternoon, I had a talk with her.  When I asked her why she was getting so upset, she said because her belly hurt every day.  She has been complaining of this a lot.  All of a sudden, it hit me....I think she is terrified, stressed, worried, upset, anxious, scared. and every other emotion.  She is making herself sick and upset.  I just started crying and held her.  My poor baby:)  She is just a little girl.
In the last few weeks, she's been shuffled from place to place, heard a lot about death and being sick, seen Gavin have two major attacks, started preschool, and started sharing a room with Lilah.  She's seen her parents cry more than normal.  That would be a lot for anyone, but especially a 3 year old.
I told her I was going to call Dr. Voyles on Monday to see what he thought.  I don't know if he will need to see her or recommend we take her to talk to someone. 
I feel so badly about all of this.  As much as I don't tolerate the behavior, I know I just have to love her through this. 

No comments: